Archive for September, 2015
Sep 03, 2015
Wedding planning is stressful. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of wedding hacks that will get you through your big day, and ensure that you enjoy every second of it!
- Make a separate email account for your wedding. This way you will have all of your wedding planning information in one place, and you won’t have to search through hundreds of emails to find that one phone number you forgot to save. Also, after the big day you don’t have to check it again! Meaning you won’t keep getting pesky email ads from vendors.
- Number your RSVP cards. When you get them back, you’ll know exactly who the card came from, just in case your guests forgot to write their names.
- Have a bra sewn into your gown. The last thing you want to be worried about as you’re walking down the aisle is whether or not your bra strap is showing. By sewing a bra into your dress, you’re sure to be supported all night long!
- Take sandpaper to the bottom of your shoes. No, it won’t ruin them, but it will make them less likely to slip across the wooden dance floor! Check out this helpful DIY here.
- For outdoor ceremonies, remember Veil-weights and Solemates. Veil weights will help prevent your veil from flying all over the place with the slightest breeze. Plus they can add a touch of glamour to you veil! Solemates will prevent your high heels from sinking into the grass or other soft ground. You don’t want to get stuck halfway down the aisle!
- Create a bridal emergency kit. If you have an amazing planner, they might have one already. We do! But if not, make sure to pack a few small but important items for the big day. What to include? Stain removal pen, bobby pins, safety pins, floss, needle and thread, and anything else you think you or your girls might need before, during, and after your event.
- Wear a button down shirt or a robe when getting ready. There’s nothing worse than perfecting your bridal hair and makeup look, and then realizing that you have to pull your tank top over you head to get it off. Save your hair by wearing something easy to change out of while getting ready!
- Have your guests write their address on envelopes for thank you cards. At the reception space or at your shower, set up a table where guests address their own envelope. It will save you time later and make sure that everyone’s address is correct!
- Create a “Call Anyone but the Bride” list. The day of your wedding will be busy for everyone. Vendors want to know where to set up and caterers want to know when to serve. Make sure that you are able to enjoy your own day by providing them with a list of people who they can contact instead of you on the big day. Hint: you can just have one contact person, if you hire a day-of coordinator!
- For the kiddos at your wedding, be sure to provide plenty of entertainment. Setting up a children’s station where there are coloring books, snacks, and a movie playing can save you from a temper tantrum at the reception. Providing for the little ones is sure to keep them (and their parents) happy.
- Designate a wedding hashtag way before your wedding. If you decide that you want to have a personal wedding hashtag, think about it months before your ceremony! This way, you can use it throughout your wedding planning process, and all of those adorable photos from your shower will show up right next to your stunning engagement photos.
- Have your cake and eat it too. If you want to save your wedding cake to eat on your first anniversary, here’s how to do it. Step 1: Place the cake in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Step 2: Once the cake is cooled, wrap it in cling wrap, then a layer of tin foil. Step 3: Put it back in the freezer and enjoy it a year from now!