Even though winters in San Diego are hardly comparable to winters everywhere else, it still can get rather chilly (for us) here at night. And although it’s tempting to ditch your outside wedding dreams and head for the refuge of an indoor venue, you should probably check out these adorable outside wedding ideas first. Below, I’ve listed the must haves to keep your guests just as warm and cozy as if they were inside a boring ballroom!
Must haves for an awesome outdoor winter wedding party:
1. a tent- they come in all shapes, sizes, and colors
2. heaters- rent some heaters from your event rental company. Wondering how many heaters to order? 1 patio heater per every 2-4 tables (depending on how cold it will be)
3. blanket favors- cause their just so darn cute and appreciated by guests
4. real candles on the tables- candles can give off some serious warmth, especially when there are a lot of them clumped together.
5. wooden tables and lots of fabric accents- this design combination screams warmth
6. serve HOT drinks. Obviously, you’ll still want to have a standard bar. But maybe after dinner, you put away the cold beer and wine, and opt for spiked coffee drinks, hot toddy’s, and a specialty hot cocoa bar!
7. if you decide on an (outside the tent) lounge area- first of all, that is highly encouraged! second, add a campfire instead of a coffee table and maybe even a telescope so your guests can star gaze while they snuggle (it doesn’t get more romantic than that!)
So before you head inside, think of all the amazing possibilities! As long as you’re realistic about the temperature in January, your guests can still have a great time, being warm and enjoying your wedding!
I’d love to hear your ideas, please comment below or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
And as always, Happy Planning 🙂
The collage at the top is an inspiration board, made of ideas from other blogs, sites, and vendors. Credits on the photos used in the collage: From right to left, top to bottom-
colincowieweddings.com, intimateweddings.com, intimateweddings.com, projectwedding.com,
intimateweddings.com, bridalmusings.com, stylecaster.com,